Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, September 19, 2011

Twinado

I love my boys..  I really do.. but I'm not going to lie when I say I sometimes look forward to Sunday nights.. 

See normally people would say, huh?  Don't you have to work the next day?  Isn't the next day Monday, etc, etc?  But see it's different in my house..  Ever since the boys started daycare in January of 2008 someone has been watching them on Mondays..  It's either been my mom, my father in law, my mother in law, my sister in law..  you get the point.. 

But this specific weekend it was a little much..  My wife is in a mothers of multiples group and they have a tag sale every 6 months.  You tag and sell clothes that don't fit, toys they don't play with anymore, books they don't read, etc.  So it's been work all week, take care of the boys at night, then sort and tag till we go to bed, which has been late every night.  Then Friday night she had to set up so it was just us boys. No problem. Then, after getting home late Friday, it was up early Saturday for her to be at the sale by 6am.  So it was just me and the boys again.. Normally it would be no problem..

We did some errands and then we went to an indoor playground. Of course Mitch goes right for the house and puts on an apron and starts cooking..  He never cooks at home, but get him out of the house and he becomes Bobby Flay.  Max tried desperately to play in the house with him, but being my OCD child he wanted the door closed.  However the door wouldn't close and 3 times he got his fingers stuck in the hinges..  I guess if at first you don't succeed, try till you cut your fingers off.  Then, they were having shopping cart races (I guess I might be at fault for that one from the Target parking lot).  But since Mitch is a little, shall we say undersized, he was going too fast and went over the handle and into the cart.. This woman watched this in horror and tried to help him out while I sat there laughing..  I know, bad parenting at its best..  But it was pretty funny..  He of course was OK, I knew.  But at that point it had been a couple of hours I figured it was time to go home for lunch.

I had to feed them and then get them in a bath because once my wife got home she had to get ready as we were going to a work function for her office.  So I get them into the bath no problem, but then Mitch decides to poop while in the bath..  Of course he does..  then it's drain the bath, get everyone out and fill it back up, etc..  Totally didn't need that..  Then, we head to the work function which was 45 minutes and we were 2 hours late.  Of course the boys were so pleasant when we got there..  It took about 40 minutes for them to finally warm up.  We ended up getting home at 8p from that which was not fun. 

Sunday we had the Children's Hospital Miracle Maker Reception in Natick at 11am.  That was no problem except we had a birthday part to get to in Stow at 1p.  We started leaving the reception around 1245p and made it to the party around 130p.  This is only because you had to take a train to the parking lot of the farm and the train had about as good a schedule as the MBTA.  Somehow we managed to get it all in and we were home around 3p.  That's when the sugar kicked in..  All over the place with running and jumping and toys, wrestling, etc.. I don't know where they get all this energy all the time..  it's not like they have cake all the time.. 

By the time halftime of the Patriots game rolled around, I was done.  Thankfully my mother in law was there around 4 and helped entertain them.  By 6p the Twinado had passed over the house and was on its way to its grandparents house for the night.  But it left in its wake toys everywhere, food all over the place and the house in total disarray.  I think I found the dog huddled over in the corner shaking..

Like I said, I love my boys, but sometimes I just can't wait for Sunday night.

1 comment: