Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, November 28, 2011

Cadi-Girl

I had Cadi (that lovable yellow pooch in the picture) with me at work today..  So when I got back from my lunch I took her on a walk, which is customary when I bring her in.

After getting money from the ATM, I open the door and there is a mother and father walking in between a little girl, maybe 2 or so.  And while she rarely does it to people she knows, when she sees new people she sometimes barks (Cadi not the little girl.  I have no idea whether the little girl barks or not).  Anyway, Cadi barked in this little girl's face and I thought the girl was going to go flying into the street..  I had to admit, it was pretty funny..  Thankfully the parents weren't too concerned as they saw she was on a leash and we all went on our merry way.

It got me thinking that I'm so glad the boys are growing up with a dog.  They are being taught to respect animals and that not all animals are bad and/or dangerous.  They are great when meeting new dogs and are not scared.  They always put their hands out for them to sniff and get their scent.  They love curling up with her on the couch to watch a movie or just pet her as they know it makes her happy.  They love throwing the frisbee to her when it's nice out and enjoy taking her for walks. Even as recent as this morning I told the boys to say goodbye to Cadi as they were off to school and after Mitch said goodbye, Max says "no, Cadi's MY doggy"..  It was pretty funny.

I really have no idea what's going to happen when the inevitability of life rears its ugly head..  Forget about comforting the boys, who the hell is going to comfort me?!  I have a feeling that the two of them will be strong enough to comfort me and help me through it.  In the meantime, I'll continue to laugh as she barks in little kids' faces.

2 comments:

  1. Episode #18 - "the doggie" - we'll have one son afraid of dogs and the other not so much. #creativelicensing

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course.. trust me, it was hysterical when she barked in this girl's face.. I am grateful though that the parents were cool about it..

    ReplyDelete