Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Future DIY'er

I don't even know why I bother..

I've never really been very handy.  I mean, I can hammer, use a screwdriver, wrench, etc..  But you're not going to see me out there framing a garage or anything.  I did put down hardwood floor in my hallway and the dining room..  While I did have some help (someone to measure, cut the pieces, etc), I think I contributed mightily.

As anyone who has tried to assemble kids toys knows, they are not always easy to complete.  True, some of them are extremely easy and the instructions are pretty clear; others not so much.  One such Cars 2 race track is one of those not so much, at least for me.  While it was pretty simple for the most part, there is a Big Ben (Parliament) Clock Tower that the ramp comes down from and another that lies under the tower and goes up.  Those ramps meet up, but don't connect and it's pretty cool.  Additionally, when the clock says 12 then you can open the other side of the clock and a car will fall out and slide down the track.  However, you need to open it first naturally in order for the car to be placed inside.  You would think that would be the easy part, but nowhere did it say how to open the clock.  Just that when it says 12, it can open.  I couldn't for the life of me get this clock to open. 

Max however sends Finn McMissle down the ramp and the car hits this little lever that's hanging down and what do you know.. the damn clock opened..  He was so excited..  I was, um..  excited for him.. yeah..  that's what I was..

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.  The day before the boys had woken up early and had gone down to the playroom.  They wanted to open another Cars race track set they had.  Max had brought up the Fisher Price screwdriver to show us the tool we needed to assemble it.  Hey at least he knew what the screwdriver looked like.  There's hope for him yet.

3 comments:

  1. When he knows the difference between a phillips and a slotted, you know you're in big trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, that's when I'll know I'm ok.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. Well I'll be happy to give them some lessons for you!

    ReplyDelete