Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hummala Bebhuhla

In honor of Van Halen's semi-reunion (it can't really be a full reunion without Michael Anthony), I thought I'd tell a little story I had forgotten about until someone accidentally brought it out of me.

The Twinado was about 18 months old or so and we were taking a car trip up to the edge of nowhere, otherwise known as Maine.  And we're not talking about Portland, either..  It was about 5 hours north of Portland, at least.. Ok, maybe only 2-3, but it sure felt like it..

Anyway, neither of the boys was talking yet..  They were making sounds yeah, but talking was far off..  Hell, one of them wasn't even standing on his own so them speaking was the furthest thing from our minds.

We're driving along and listening to the radio, sometimes singing along.  Sure enough, Panama comes on the radio.  This song is perfect for the boys..  It's not like Roth doesn't repeat the word Panama about a billion times (well, really only 15 if you can believe that; seems like so much more).  So in addition to him saying it, we're saying it.  And wouldn't you know it, from the backseat we hear "panama".

Even though I was driving I have never whipped my head around to the backseat so fast..  We know that we heard it.  It was crystal clear.  One of sons had just said their first word and it was the name of a Van Halen song.

For some reason, I didn't mind the rest of ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment