Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Like It's Their Sex

This post is in collaboration with guest contributor Jeff Blasbalg.

I have 2 boys so I don't know how it is with girls. I can only guess that the days are filled with playing dress up, dolls and dance recitals.. But that's just a guess. It might be something totally different, but I don't know.

What I do know is that I am a guy. And it's no secret that guys think about sex. There was some study done that said a guy thinks about sex like 40 times a minute. Now I didn't do the study, but that seems a little extreme. Or dead on, one or the other.

But anyway, even if it's 30 seconds out of every minute, guys think about sex a lot. Well, obviously 4 year olds have not discovered sex yet (at least we hope not). So what do the lives of 4 year old boys revolve around? Super Heroes. You name it, they love it. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, Green Lantern, etc. It doesn't matter which one sometimes, just as long as it involves a super hero. We're talking t-shirts, bathing suits, lunch boxes, sheets, towels, sunglasses, plates, cups. Seriously, it never ends..

And it's all they talk about.. It's all they do. You think 40 times a minute is a lot to think about and/or talk about one subject? These boys live and breathe super heroes every waking moment of every day. It never ends.

I wonder what's going to happen when they discover girls and start thinking about things other than super heroes? Well let's just hope they upgraded their sheets by then.

2 comments:

  1. I need to be careful what I say after several beers and saki-bombs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!! That's when you are your most creative!

    ReplyDelete