Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, December 31, 2012

Energy

As in, where do they get it from?

Seriously, remember how much energy you used to have? I used to work all day on a Saturday and then go out. And when I say all day, I mean all day. 8a in the office to 7p. And this was running youth soccer programs so it was on my feet with hardly a break all day, dealing with kids ranging in age from 6 to 15 AND their parents. And then I would go out all night with friends. Now, I hardly have the energy to sit at a desk all day without taking a nap.

I don't know where kids get the energy. But they bounce back so quickly they must stockpile it or something. If I could find a way to bottle it and sell it I would be a gazillionaire!  My house has recently been taken over by some super virus that affected us all (even the dog). Both boys were better somewhere around Thursday.  I swear, for kids it only takes the # of years of their lives in minutes to be at full energy. They could be sitting on the couch looking like they could fall asleep at any moment and then PRESTO!, off they go either down in the playroom, wrestling or just being crazy.

Parents, on the other hand, I believe it takes the # of years of their lives in days, not minutes to be back to full strength, if ever. I'm 36, so therefore it should take around 5 weeks for me to totally be back at 100% full strength. It's been 6 days already and I feel ok, but I just don't have the energy level I used to have. I guess I have about 4 weeks to go. Ugh, to be young again..

2 comments:

  1. Ben,
    You answered your question in the first paragraph. Its the desk that does it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know.. But I don't know that someone such as a construction worker who is not behind a desk all day has any more energy than I do, you know?

    ReplyDelete