Rock Fists

Rock Fists

Monday, February 4, 2013

Less is Better?

So I've had this opinion for a very long time about something.. Some people disagree and that's fine. It may not even work for everyone as everybody is different. But it works for me and I guess that's all that matters.

Let me ask you a question: When it's the winter and you get into your bed and it's cold (because you're just getting in) do you warm up faster with more clothes on or less?

My thought has always been that the less clothes you wear to bed, the more contact the comforter has with your skin and therefore transfers the heat more quickly warming up your body faster. Am I crazy? There are people out there who swear by wearing socks, sweatshirt, sweatpants, etc to bed saying they're cold so they wear layers.  But to me, that doesn't make sense. The heat from the comforter has to go through all of those layers to get to your body.

Perhaps it's the difference between wearing more clothes takes you longer to get warm but keeps you warm longer because the heat is trapped in from all the layers, or wearing less clothes makes you warmer faster but escapes easily there's less clothes in which to trap the heat.

I guess it will be one of those age old questions that's never answered. All I know is the best cure for a cold bed is to bring your yellow lab up and use her as a space heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment